Saturday, May 9, 2009

5-9-09



Christian was not a very happy camper today during my 3 hour visit. I walked in, and immediately my motherly instincts told me he did not look very comfortable. His swaddle blanket wasn't wrapped around him completely and his legs were hanging out. He didn't look too snug. So, I started singing to him and he was fine, then his oxygen saturation was just hitting the 60's and 70's every 2 minutes. So, the nurse tried re-positioning him on his back, then he started to cry. But there was no sound because of his tubes, but I saw his face crinkling up and his stomach moving up and down like a normal baby would look like when they cry. It broke my heart, I started having anxiety and felt very uneasy. His blood gas came out a little better than this mornings, so that was at least a good thing. His oxygen was up to 77, his weight back to 2lb 5oz and his jet vent rate was back up at 400. I felt like he was doing so well earlier this week and now he needs more help. Well this is the rollercoaster ride the NICU nurses warn you about. I am a nervous wreck, but I am just putting all of this in the Lord's hands. I've got to learn to calm down. I was very happy to know that his feedings are still at 6.7 ml an hour and he is taking to them very well. More updates tomorrow when I get back from his visit.
God Bless,
Jason and Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Thinking about & praying for you and Christian. *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are keeping him in our prayers....try to enjoy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great pics... he is such a big boy! Thinking of you as always!

    ReplyDelete