Sunday, April 19, 2009

4-19-09 Visit

Christian is back on his feedings and ALL his bloodwork is beautiful:D His blood sugar is 117 and his gasses were great. I finally worked up the courage to stay by his incubator today as they pricked his little foot for a blood gas. I thought he would make a face and grimace, but it was like he didn't even mind and he just yawned as Adam was taking the blood. I guess thats a good thing, I hate to see him in pain and umcomfortable. I sat there and let his fingers wrap around my finger. He has got an iron grip on him! He was very alert today and definately recognizes our voices. When Jason talks to him, his stats go up very quickly and he seems engaged, as to when I speak to him, he seems to open his eyes right away, then go back to sleep. Haha. Hopefully soon, the nurse said, we can start kangaroo kare. Im super excited and plan on spending as long as I can holding him.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear of a good update! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear he is doing so well! How much does he weigh now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he is doing so well! Thinking and praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you will get to hold your precious Christian soon!

    ReplyDelete