Saturday, April 4, 2009

4.4.09 Visit


We just got back from visiting our little man a little while ago... I need to stop eating late at night so that I can work off this pregnancy weight. This is Jason-not Michelle- by the way. She seems to be doing just fine with that =)

Christian looks very healthy right now, which is all we can ask for. They increased his feedings from 2.0 mL to 2.5 mL per hour, which means he is receiving about 60% of his food by breast milk and 40% by IV fluids. Once he is able to take 100% of his feedings by breast milk the doctors will be able to remove the feeding tube from what we understand.

Christian's vitals are more stable tonight than they were last night. His oxygen levels and his heart rate have both been remaining relatively level and the same. He is on about a 65% oxygen saturation level right now.

He just looks really healthy. He opened up his eyes for Michelle and I again tonight... I can't tell you how special it feels to witness that and feel that... it carries so much more emotion for us. these simple little milestones and events mean so much right now- it really helps us to feel more connected to him when we cannot hold him or comfort him right now while he's in the incubator. He totally has my legs and my calves and my feet... He's going to look just like his daddy when he grows up! Hopefully he gets Michelle's nose though =) We will see.

We'll stop in tomorrow again to see our little monkey after church with his big sister. She's having a special date with mommy and daddy to go see an IMAX 3-D movie. On a side note, Christian still loves his Peter Cetera songs. I'm beginning to write the structure for my book about our experiences, which I plan to title, "Peter Cetera Saved My Baby." It will no doubt become an instant bestseller... we just need to get it to Oprah somehow.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see things are going well! Can't wait to read the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband Nick and I are loving these updates. We are definitely praying for you :) It's good to see the progress he's making!! What a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad it is going SOO well, My contenued prayers,

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pic this week is incredible to see the changes in Christian since last month. He has REALLY grown! You are truly an inspiration to any who read this blog. Prayers and best wishes to you!

    Alicia *from BBC

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's looking so good :)

    I love reading these updates.

    Amanda (From BBC)

    ReplyDelete