Thursday, April 9, 2009

4-9-09 Visit


Today was so much fun visiting baby. He is doing so well:D His stats were good and he was just laying on his side sound asleep. He is up to 4 ml an hour now and they are fortifying the breastmilk for more caloric intake. We got a chance to change his diaper and right as I took the diaper off he tinkled all over, followed by a poopy! It was so cute! He wiggles constantly and likes to push his stuffed animals all over with his feet. After his diaper change we placed him on his back, and he stared at Jason and I for a good 30 minutes until he fell back alseep. It was the most blissful moment today. Something so minor that most people who have term babies take for granted meant SO much to Jason and I. It felt like a little peice of heaven when he looked into your eyes. Breathtaking. I, Michelle, was having some aching pains on my incision last night, so I wanted to refrain from walking a lot today. I'm still aching a little, but I think I am just working myself up by reading c-section healing stories. I made Christian an Easter basket and will bring that in Sunday. I am trying, key word, "trying" to upload a video from yesterday. Bare with me! Lots of Love, The Buktenica's

9 comments:

  1. Your little man is doing so well and has the most beautiful eyes, Congrats and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. How he responds to your voice in that video was AMAZING!! His eyes are so cute and he is so cute...and WOW so blessed are you both! So glad he is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww!!! that video was precious! keeping up with you and praying for you guys every day! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That is the sweetest and most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing your little man with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Your boy is gorgeous!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing!! He is such a precious little boy!! I'm so happy he is doing so well! Thank you for sharing his progress with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the beautiful stories and video! Christian is so cute! You can see the love radiating from his eyes (and of course hear the love radiating from daddy's voice). This exchange was so inspiring to me! Christian is in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  8. AW! Congratulations on the eye-opening moment, that's really huge and so special. He's adorable! xoxo, LanaBabyMama

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sooooo sweet. Thanks for sharing. I am so happy you all are doing so well. Your family has been in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete