Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finally an Update!

Hi All, We apologize for not updating sooner. We know many of you have been checking on him. Christian had his PDA surgery done on Friday afternoon, April 17th. They first discovered his murmur when he was 13 days old, but it went away. It came back this past Thursday and they went ahead and decided surgery was the best option for him. You guys do not understand how nervous I was. I was unable to eat and concentrate on anything the moment we found out this had to be done. He pulled through great!!! There were no complications and he was resting peacefully when we saw him an hour afterwards. He is off his feedings as for now, but should be back on them come sometime early this week. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. When I went to visit him yesterday, his eyes were wide open and he was very responsive. Jason went later on yesterday evening and said he was full of life and kicking alot! His blood sugar levels are improving, they were in the 200's but now down to 170. Hopefully, this surgery will clear him of most of his problems and help out with his lungs. He is still on the High Frequency Jet Ventilator, but his oxygen is down significantly from before his surgery.
I'm still pretty tired from my c-section, but everyday, I try to do a little more to build up my strength again. It's hard and challenging, especially since I was on bedrest too. I feel like I owe Jason the world for taking such good care of me, I can't wait to heal completely so I can finally go to the grocery store and buy the ingredients to make him his favorite, Lemon Marinque pie:D
Thank You all for all the continious prayers and positive thoughts. Christian is living proof that God listens and hears all of our prayers. So Thank You.
God Bless,
Jason and Michelle Buktenica

1 comment:

  1. SOOO glad when I logged on to see an update. Super that Christian is doing so well! Glad his surgery went great and he is recovering. Looking forward to future updates!

    ReplyDelete